Anime Do’s and Don’ts…..what a fun topic.
Let’s see, I think I’ll start with anime Don’ts:
- Have a weak character that whines for the whole series
- A romance where the characters don’t gather their courage until the end
- leave a cliffhanger when you know the series won’t be renewed
- Only focus on power-ups and claiming it’s character development
- Evil for being Evil’s sake
- careful with characters, too many and you won’t be able to develop all of them, or you’ll alienate fans of a certain character.
- Die in the game you die in real life, and no one dies….
- recap episodes, unless it’s a long running series and it’s a look back on a character who’s dying
- Overarching story than stand alone episodes
- Long running, but doesn’t overstay its welcome
- Improves on the source material
- Let the villain have an arc as much as your hero
- side characters develop too
Aaaaand BAM! That’s all I got, hope this was interesting.