Well this is a surprise. My blog is relatively new, and I saw these “award” things floating around and didn’t think I’d get one, at least this soon, but I am glad and would like to thank Shiroyuni (https://thelimitlessimagination.wordpress.com/) for nominating me 🙂
So without further ado…
First off I just want to take a moment to showcase the rules, from what I understand, just so everyone’s on the same page. Ready? Good!
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award:
1. Put the award logo in your Blog. (CHECK)
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you. (CHECK)
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs. (CHECK)
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, liking their blogs. (CHECK)
5. Let them know you nominated them. (CHECK)
6. Ask the bloggers 7 new questions. (CHECK)
Phew, with that out of the way let’s get to the fun part: Question Qorner! (Bad pun T.T)
1. Give a physical description of yourself. If possible, name or put a picture of a character (not restricted to anime) who you physically resemble.
Hm, well I’m the type of person who likes to be mysterious, but I guess I’ll throw you guys a bone 😉 My appearance has dark brown hair, glasses, two different colored eyes (One super light brown, the other super dark brown/nearly pitch black) and roughly 5 foot 9-ish.
2. What is your favourite anime/manga genre and why?
Damn, you just know how to pull the hard questions don’t ya? Well, I think I’ll say Fantasy, because that’s broad enough that it’ll put most of my favorite series under it such as: Dragon Ball, Black Butler, HxH, Death Note, etc. There is just so much you can do creatively that it’s hard not to like it. Besides, it always contains the best part of a good story; imagination!
3. Why anime/manga out of so many other mediums of entertainment?
They focus on story a whole lot more than where I live. Coming from States perspective, we don’t have many creative shows and movies. Sure indie movies are slowly coming to the public’s knowledge (Whiplash for the win!), but it’s always the foreign movies that tend to make a deeper impact whenever it comes to story (Let the Right One In). Then on TV, do we have any shows that are not cop dramas?? It’s ridiculous how many shows there are about cops and detectives when so many people hate them. Now with the big Superhero boom, there are less creative shows coming to TV. I think the only original concept that I’m interested in that’s coming soon is the Bastard Executioner (created by the guy who did Sons of Anarchy). So yeah, when I found out that anime and manga focused on story, most of the times, rather than boring things I’ve never seen before, it was inevitable that I’d flock to it. I mean who would have thought Ninjas would be so popular! Pirates using powers of rubber and quakes?! Even something that hits home with the cop dramas here, Death Note, does it better than I’ve ever seen. Anime and manga in simple terms is so much more creative, story wise tight, and just full of things I’ve never seen before that I have to love it.
4. (Borrowing the question) How did you come up with your blog name?
I love this question. It’s actually pretty interesting, because I’ve been kicking names around in my head and I think I originally wanted to call my blog “Anega” or something like that? I wanted to combine Anime and Manga somehow, and it just came to me as I was mixing them up that it should be Manime (Manga + Anime) and because I’m super invested into this hobby, world, lifestyle, I had to include Conquest. Together, Manime Conquest not only tells you right up front what my blog is about, but it also commands a sense of power and passion that let’s everyone know that I will conquer my life long quest being an anime fan!
5. What is your favourite book?
I’m assuming that this is referring to an actual book, with nothing but words, instead of a manga? I’m not sure if I have one favorite book, so I’ll throw out my top 3. My first is The Vampire’s Assistant by Darren Shan. This book was one of the few that got me back into reading, almost religiously, back in like middle school I think. I’ve read that book nearly ten times, and I ado the unique vampire mythology it set out to showcase through it’s 12 book run. The second will have to be Let The Right One In, I loved the Swedish film adaptation and just had to read the book. Again, it’s about vampires, but it shows a different side to them that you wouldn’t expect. It has great twists and covers taboo topics that you wouldn’t find in a fiction book much. Lastly, The Lost World by Michael Chricton. This is the first book that I felt terrified while reading, the dinosaurs acted like animals, and the pacing was astounding, everything about this book had me on the edge of my seat and my heart pumping too fast, it definitely deserves to be a classic.
6. Do you have any future plans or goals for your blog? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
Not sure if I’d call it plans, but with school right around the corner I’ll be maybe doing one or two posts a week instead of my intended three. I definitely want to come up with more anime and manga reviews, and of course I’ll try to keep going with my “Curious Case…” section because that’s a lot of fun. Lately I haven’t been posting much, but that’s because I don’t want to put out a half hearted review or topic discussion.
7. What is your favourite subject or area of study and why?
Films. I have as much passion for them as I do anime and manga. I’ve been watching more and more movies in the theaters every year, and I even have a blog about it too (http://movieawesomenessunite.blogspot.com/). Film for me is the purest form of enjoyment, I mean you can’t replicate your experience in a movie theater. There’s a term called “Movie Magic” and to me movies are magical and have really helped me in my darkest times.
Phew…finally answered all those questions XD Right, now for the fun stuff- If you already had this award sorry, but I don’t know too many blogging people yet- the people I’ll nominated are:
Croitz D. Cat- https://croitzdcat.wordpress.com/
Hopefully you’ll have fun with my questions, good luck! XD
1. What would you say is the perfect anime movie or series that would get a non-anime fan interested into anime?
2. If you could have a kid with any anime/manga character, who would it be with?
3. What is your most uncomfortable memory that involved anime?
4. If you could resurrect a series (a remake or another season) and kill a series (make it so that the series never existed) what would they be, and why?
5. Would you rather be a Super Human (i.e. Goku, Naruto, Luffy), A Mech, or the pet to your favorite character, and why?
6. Which world would you love to live in, but all your memories of this reality are gone forever when you go?
7. Which anime/manga character would you not mind brutally killing you?